We appreciate your purchase of AutoLEDTech.com's 2015-2018 Dodge Challenger RGBW +A DRL boards! Please follow the steps detailed below to properly install your replacement DRL boards.
Please note: Headlights must be opened before proceeding with installation. Professional installation is strongly recommended.
Tools Needed: Torx T10 Screwdriver, Phillips Screwdriver, Socket Head Wrench
1. After opening headlights, remove the factory LED panels by unscrewing the screws holding the main bezel in place. Then remove the screws holding each ring and LED panel underneath to the housing.
2. Pull off the main bezel. Unclip wire connectors and remove the factory LED panels.
3. Place the new Diode Dynamics LED Modules into position, running the wires behind the bezel and out of the lamp.
4. Using the alignment tabs, align the ring and screw back down, securing the LED Modules. Use the original screws. DO NOT OVERTIGHTEN.
5. Connect the LED Board connector to the specified RGBW Driver connector. Next, connect the RGBW Driver to the 4-way splitter that is connected to the RGBW Controller. The bare wires from the splitter must be inserted into the corresponding slot on the controller in order for the boards to function properly
(Red wire->R | Green wire->G | Blue wire->B | White wire->W | Black wire->+)
IMPORTANT: DO NOT plug the LED Board connector directly into controller without the driver. The LEDs must be plugged into driver first to control the power. Failure to do so will result in damage to the LED Board and WILL NOT be covered under warranty.
6. Connect your RGBW controller to 12V power and ground. This will dictate when the LED Boards turn on. The most popular wiring choices are listed in the table below. NOTE: The LED Driver Module will have one YELLOW and one BLACK wire that will need to be connected in order for the DRL boards to function properly. The black wire of each Driver Module must be connected to a ground wire/location separate from the main controller ground!
|Voltage||Pin OEM Connector||Wire Color-Driver||
|12V+||Pin 6: Parking||White/Brown||
|12V+||Pin 14: Sidemarker||White/Pink||
|BLACK||Pin 7: Ground||Black||
7. Mount the drivers and controller, and tuck all wires. Drivers should be mounted outside of headlight for serviceability, in a location away from the engine block to avoid excessive heat buildup. The controller needs to be mounted in a position that avoids moisture or excessive heat. Test thoroughly, reseal headlights, and reinstall onto vehicle.