We appreciate your purchase of AutoLEDTech.com's 2015-2017 Subaru WRX / STI Flow Series Color-Chasing DRL boards! Please follow the steps detailed below to properly install your replacement DRL boards.
Please note: Headlights must be opened before proceeding with installation. Professional installation is strongly recommended.
Tools Needed: Phillips Screwdriver and Pliers
1. Remove the lens and set the headlamp assembly aside. Next, remove the 3 screws holding the bezel to the lens. Then remove the bezel from the headlight lens.
2. Bring the bezel to a soft, non-marring working surface. Then unclip the reflector lens from the bezel by squeezing the clear clips with a pair of pliers and pushing downward on them.
3. Pull the reflector lens straight out to remove it and set it aside.
4. Install your new Color-Chasing DRL Board by running the wires through the hole where the factory bulb was and setting the LED board into place.
5. Reinstall the reflector lens into the bezel by aligning the clear clips and snapping them back into their original position. Align all of the clips at once.
6. Using a microfiber cloth, remove any finger prints that may be on the bezel then reinstall it back into the headlight lens by clipping it into place. Reinstall the original screws.
7. Reinstall the lens on the headlamp assembly by running the wires through the existing factory hole or grommet. Set the lens into place and apply pressure to snap the original clips back into place. Reinstall the original screws and repeat for the other headlamp.
8. Connect the voltage regulator and wiring harness to 12V power and ground. This will dictate when the LED Boards turn on. The most popular wiring choices are listed in the table below. You can also connect them directly to the battery or 12V+ fuse post, but this means they will always receive power and will need to be manually turned on/off.
|Voltage||OEM Connector||Wire color to splice|
|12V+||DRL||Red wire from OEM C-Bar or Sidemarker|
Black wire from OEM C-Bar or Sidemarker
9. Mount the harness and controller and tuck all wires. The controller needs to be mounted in a position that avoids moisture or excessive heat. Test thoroughly, reseal headlights, and reinstall onto vehicle.